Strong at Heart project kicks off
The Town of Taos is pleased to announce the official kick-off of the “Strong at Heart” project.
Strong at Heart is a project of the Town of Taos that seeks meaningful community input on how to build a thriving downtown for everyone, and honors Taos’ rich cultural heritage. The goal of the project is to spark constructive dialogue that will identify shared values and build a vision for the city core that includes an action-plan on how to get things done.
Strong at Heart will help us identify core community values to guide our decisions and shape the change we want to see in our downtown and community. The goal is to form a clear vision and strategy to creating a vibrant downtown for everyone.
We value your input and invite your participation in this project! Here are some of the initial ways you can begin your dialogue with us:
- Save the Date! Join us on Monday, June 12 at 5:30 pm at the Sagebrush Inn for the official project Kick-Off meeting.
- Peruse the Website. Make sure to visit all the pages here at www.downtowntaos.com to learn more about how we are listening to you, project background, upcoming events, and more.
- Get email updates. Please join the email list for the project so we can keep you in the loop on updates, information and next steps. Visit the project website at www.downtowntaos.com and sign up for the email list at the bottom of any page.
- Email us at email@example.com. Have questions or something you’d like to share right now? Send us an email!
- Get Involved. We have a variety of ways we are wanting to hear from you about what you love about living in Taos. Visit our Get Involved page.
- Get Social! We have active Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages so we can better hear from and engage with you. Our handle is @TownOfTaos on each of these platforms. Use the hashtag #HeartOfTaos to share your thoughts, hopes, dreams and wishes about downtown Taos. We will be reposting your #HeartOfTaos posts on our website!
Learning from past experiences, the Town is committed to building a more participatory culture to gather meaningful public feedback to inform important decisions. The Mayor and Town Council are committed to broad and deep public participation with Strong at Heart, redefining the ways Taoseños can participate in community discussions.
We truly hope to be hearing from you soon.