Join a Community Conversation
What does it mean to love Taos’ natural beauty? It’s cultural diversity? It’s small-town feel? Why do these things matter, and how can local leaders make decisions that honor these values?
We are hosting a series of Community Conversations to dig deeper into those often-intangible elements that define our community’s sense of place.
We worked throughout June and July collecting information from people within Taos. The collected information provides a solid start to understanding what Taoseños love about living here. But Community Conversations take the next step in this conversation and dig into why those things matter to people.
It is crucial that Taoseños show up.
The central feature of Community Conversations are small group discussions. In these groups, each participant tells their story about why living in Taos is important to them and their hopes for the area’s future. People will be encouraged to not only talk about what they love about Taos, but also to think about why they value those things. What is it about the beauty that keep you here? Why is cultural diversity important to you? People in the group will then reflect on these stories, identifying the values rooted in each and where we share common ground. From those conversations emerges greater clarity about what makes Taos so special.
The format and organization of each Community Conversation will be the same—the only difference being the stories people share. For that reason, we are providing five separate opportunities for people to participate. Space in all of these venues is limited to between 50-80 people, so please RSVP by clicking here.
You may also RSVP by calling Marjo Curgus the day of the workshop at 505.699.8532
Dates and locations of the Conversations include:
- Monday, August 28 | 6:00 – 8:00 pm | St. James Episcopal Church, Parish Hall | 208 Camino de Santiago
- Tuesday, August 29 | 5:30 – 7:30 pm | Coronado Building, El Taoseño Room | 120 Civic Plaza Drive
- Wednesday, August 30 | 3:00 – 5:00 pm | Taos Public Library | 402 Cam De La Placita
- Wednesday, August 30 | 6:00 – 8:00 pm | Coronado Building, El Taoseño Room | 120 Civic Plaza Drive
- Thursday, August 31 | 5:30 – 7:30 pm | Taos High School, Cafeteria | 134 Cervantes St